Friday, October 03, 2014

Dallas Ebola Shambles : Family Try To Break Out Of Isolation At Virus Victim’s Apartment As Visitors Come And Go - Up To 100 Exposed, Cop Cars Quarantined

Airlines, CDC responsible for allowing this mindless animal to bring in, much less willingly spread Ebola in the United States; Texas Governor should declare an emergency and martial law, shooting quarantine breakers on sight just as Singaporean authorities threatened to do during 2003 SARS outbreak - yes Americans, this outbreak is indeed that serious    

By Louise Boyle

The response to the first Ebola case in the U.S. was in chaos today after it emerged that the exposed relatives of the contagious patient tried to break out of their apartment where the sweat-soaked, contaminated bedsheets and towels lay for days.

THIS ANIMAL LIED,  brought Ebola into U.S.
Up to 100 people in Texas are believed to have had contact with Ebola sufferer Thomas Eric Duncan since he developed symptoms of the deadly virus last Thursday at 10pm. 

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital earlier reported that Mr Duncan had come for treatment on Friday - but the new timeline adds an extra day to how long he was out in public. 

The patient's quarantined girlfriend Louise told CNN on Thursday that she had not been told what to do with the soiled linens used by Mr Duncan when he was ill and had not been given food. 

The woman has been legally ordered to stay inside her Dallas apartment with her 13-year-old child and two nephews, who are both in their twenties, as they came in direct contact with Mr Duncan. 

None of the four people quarantined are showing Ebola symptoms but Louise, who works as a home healthcare aide, has been taking the group's temperature every hour.

Among the 12 people being closely monitored were five children - who attend four area schools. Panic-stricken parents in the area pulled their kids out of classes after they received Ebola fact sheets and notes which said 'everything is fine'. Schools were also scrubbed down and extra nurses brought in to monitor any students with fevers or flu-like symptoms. 

The CDC jumped into action on Thursday afternoon, sending a contract team to clear the bedding, provide food and power-wash the apartment complex - a full four days after Mr Duncan was rushed to hospital in an ambulance after suffering vomiting, diarrhea, fever and sweating. 

On Thursday afternoon, it was revealed that four sheriff's deputies, a health director and a doctor, went into the quarantined apartment without protection, NBC5 reported. 

Two Douglas County Sheriff's Office patrol cars have now been cordoned off and the deputies have been told to seal their uniforms in bags and go home. 

Unidentified peers from quarantined apartment
Mr Duncan arrived from Liberia, an Ebola 'hot zone' in West Africa, on September 20. He began to develop Ebola symptoms - the point when the disease becomes contagious - on September 23. He was sent home from his first hospital trip with antibiotics despite telling two medical staff he had flown in from Liberia. His partner Louise said she doesn't believe he left the apartment in this time but she cannot be certain because she was at work. 

His condition deteriorated and he was rushed to hospital via ambulance on Sunday and quarantined.

However it was alleged on Thursday that Mr Duncan lied on an airport questionnaire about not having any contact with an infected person, authorities said on Thursday. 

Mr Duncan filled out a series of questions about his health and activities before leaving on his journey to Dallas, Texas on September 19. On the form he answered no to every question.

Among other questions, the form asked whether Duncan had cared for an Ebola patient or touched the body of anyone who had died in an area affected by Ebola. 


The New York Times reported on Wednesday that Mr Duncan had helped carried a neighbor's pregnant daughter who was dying from Ebola.

The Liberian government said on Thursday that it planned to prosecute Mr Duncan over the lies while the country's President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf told CBC today that she was 'very angry' that Mr Duncan had left Liberia after being exposed to Ebola and that his actions were 'unpardonable'. 

President Sirleaf also said that she hoped that no one else would contract the potentially deadly virus which has ravaged her country. 

And despite Duncan spreading Ebola to the U.S., a U.N. spokesman said on Thursday that air travel to and from the West African countries affected by the Ebola virus should continue.

It also appears that Mr Duncan did not mention his close contact with a severe case of Ebola to his partner Louise, with whom he has one child. 

She told CNN's Anderson Cooper during a telephone interview on Thursday that the couple did not discuss Ebola and she initially thought Duncan had malaria when she brought him to Texas Presbyterian.

Louise does not believe she has Ebola because she did not come in contact with bodily fluids. She said Mr Duncan was 'prideful' in taking care of himself when he became sick. 

She also did not believe he had thrown up repeatedly outside the apartment on Sunday, as a neighbor reported, and wished to reassure her neighbors.

Meanwhile, the number of family members who came in contact with Mr Duncan while he was contagious remains unclear, CNN reported. 

Louise's daughter, who does not live at the quarantined apartment, was the person who called an ambulance for Mr Duncan on Sunday after she came to her mother's home to bring him tea and found him feverish and shivering.

It is unclear if she traveled with him in the ambulance or came in close contact with the infected man. 

Louise told CNN that she has other children, who are not currently living at the home but elsewhere in Dallas and also a son at college. They had not come in contact with Mr Duncan, she said.

The family who are isolated in the apartment have been told they face criminal charges if they leave the apartment or accept visitors. 

Dallas Judge Clay Jenkins told ABC today that a legal quarantine order was placed on the home after the family tried to break out of the apartment. 

However MailOnline reported on Wednesday that three individuals - a man in his twenties with a roll of garbage bags and two women - came and left the apartment. 

Louise said that she has been given no instructions by the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) on how to dispose of the contaminated bedding in the home or what the family would do for food.

She said that two CDC workers who visited the home on Wednesday brought sandwiches but they had no other food. 

At a press conference on Thursday afternoon, Judge Jenkins was quick to respond to those claims, saying that several days supply of food was being delivered to the quarantined group and contaminated material would be removed by biohazard experts.

He added that the family were being treated with the 'utmost respect and dignity'.

The Red Cross were seen delivering food on Thursday to the family's second story apartment. 

A young man, who appeared to be one of the adult nephews under quarantine, appeared on the balcony to bring the food inside, dressed in a T-shirt bearing the logo 'YOLO - You Only Live Once'. 

Mr Duncan's partner Louise told CNN on Thursday that she is very worried but keeps praying and has spoken Mr Duncan via telephone.

Texas health officials said around 100 people may have come into contact with Mr Duncan and they are being questioned.

Authorities have confirmed 12 people including five children had direct contact with Mr Duncan and are being closely monitored.

Some parents have pulled their children out of four affected Dallas schools after learning that five students may have come into contact with Mr Duncan, the first person to be diagnosed with Ebola in the U.S.

School administrators appealed for calm as none of the children have shown symptoms and are being told to stay at home, where they will likely remain for three weeks. 

Parents and pupils at schools in Dallas where children were possibly infected with Ebola said that they were appalled at how the crisis was being handled. 

The schools were named as Tasby Middle School, Dan D. Rogers Elementary, Lowe Elementary and Conrad High School. 

Parents and students were only told on Wednesday that their schools had been affected - a day after the public were informed that a patient had the deadly virus.

They were given a letter and a fact sheet but were told it was 'all fine' and that children had to remain in school. 

But Marcie Pardo and other parents left L.L. Hotchkiss Elementary indicating that they were taking no chances and would keep their children home for the rest of the week. 

'Kids pretty much touch everything. Not everyone washes their hands,' Pardo said. 'It's the contagious part that gets me worried.'

Nikki Turner, 31, who has a 13-year-old and a 15-year-old at Tasby Middle School and Conrad High told MailOnline on Thursday that the school authorities 'could be doing a lot more'.

She said: 'All I've been told was in a phone call on Wednesday when they said the children who had it are being taken out and it was all OK.

'I had to take my children to hospital last night for blood tests to make sure they're alright. They are not telling us enough, they need to tell me more.' 

Ebola isn't contagious until symptoms appear, and then it can spread only by close contact with a patient's bodily fluids. 

Ms Pardo said that knowledge makes her feel better, but that she still took her eight-year-old daughter, Soriah, home from school early, along with her cousin. 

Dallas Independent School District Superintendent Mike Miles said on Wednesday the district is taking an 'abundance of caution' and would add more health workers to keep watch for symptoms among students. 

At the affected schools, cleaning teams in hazmat suits were seen scrubbing the hallways, reported. 

'The students didn't have any symptoms, so the odds of them passing on any sort of virus is very low,' Miles said.

However tensions have already risen among some students.

Tasby student Francisco Garcia, 14, described a scene of chaos to MailOnline on Wednesday as pupils found out through gossip rather than an official announcement.

He said: 'One kid was telling everyone that somebody had Ebola in school but nobody believed him. We said that Ebola was something that happens in Africa'

'We were all joking about it and touching each other and saying you have Ebola.

'Then our health sciences teacher told us it was true and told us not to panic. There was not announcement or anything. They just let us out floor by floor at the end of the day.'

His friend Angela Gandy, 14, added: 'They have not had any doctors in to check on us. One of my friends' mums took her out of school and is keeping her there for 21 days.'

Evelyn Barrientos, 12, a pupil at Tasby, said that there had been no doctors in the school to check up on them.

She said: 'I think they should be keeping us away from school. If it was up to me I would not be here. I don't think they are taking it as seriously as they should.'

Her mother Maria Arredondo, 39, added: 'I'm scared. I'm worried for my daughter'.

A letter handed out to parents of students at Tasby on Wednesday warned parents that one of school's students may have had contact with the Ebola patient and had been advised to stay home from classes.

The note reassured parents that their children were not in 'imminent danger' and that health measures were being put in place. Additional nurses would be at the school to watch children who report fever or flu-like symptoms and the school building would be thoroughly cleaned each night as a precaution. 

Ebola is believed to have sickened more than 7,100 people in West Africa, and led to more than 3,300 deaths have been linked to the disease, according to the World Health Organization. 

Symptoms can include fever, muscle pain, vomiting and bleeding, and can appear as long as 21 days after exposure to the virus.

Details of his treatment have not been revealed but Mr Duncan is reportedly not being treated with the experimental serum ZMapp - because there is none left. 

It was not exactly clear how the Ebola patient knew the children, but his sister Mai Wureh said he had been visiting with family including two nephews. 

Officials have not revealed the ages of the children who had contact with the man.

The mounting panic in Dallas comes as new details about the severity of Mr Duncan's condition were revealed including that he was 'vomiting all over the place' when he was eventually admitted to hospital on Sunday - four days are showing symptoms of Ebola. 

One neighbor, Mesud Osmanovic, told NBC that Mr Duncan was 'throwing up all over the place' outside the apartment block as he was helped into an ambulance while his hysterical family looked on. 

Mr Duncan's family were among the original 12 - 18 people being monitored after exposure to the man along with the ambulance crew who transported him to hospital.

The three crew members all tested negative for Ebola on Wednesday but have been placed in 'reverse isolation' at their homes for the next 21 days as a precaution. 

Ambulance 37 which transported him to the hospital has been cordoned off. There are concerns after it was used to move patients for two days after the Ebola patient but hospital officials have reassured citizens that it was properly sterilized. 

State officials delivered a legal order on Wednesday night to the family of Mr Duncan, ordering them to stay home until October 19 and not have any visitors without approval, officials said.

'We have tried and true protocols to protect the public and stop the spread of this disease,' said Dr. David Lakey, Texas health commissioner.

'This order gives us the ability to monitor the situation in the most meticulous way.'The Liberian national had traveled to the U.S. from Liberia on September 20 to visit his family, traveling via Brussels in Belgium.

Ambulance 37 which transported him to the hospital has been cordoned off. There are concerns after it was used to move patients for two days after the Ebola patient but hospital officials have reassured citizens that it was properly sterilized. 

The Liberian national had traveled to the U.S. from Liberia on September 20 to visit his family, traveling via Brussels in Belgium.

Mr Duncan began to develop symptoms of Ebola on September 24, four days after arriving in the U.S. 

He first went to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on September 26 where he told a nurse that he was visiting from a West African country in the so-called 'Ebola hot zone'.

Mr Duncan underwent basic blood tests but not an Ebola screening. 

The 42-year-old was sent home with antibiotics for a 'low-grade virus', a critically-missed opportunity to prevent others being exposed to the disease. 

He was finally quarantined on Sunday - a week after arriving in the U.S. 

It also raised the frightening prospect that he was mixing freely with others for a full four days while showing symptoms of the virus - the time when Ebola is most contagious. 

Texas Presbyterian officials confirmed on Wednesday that information that Mr Duncan had been in an area of Ebola outbreak 'was not fully communicated throughout the whole team'. 

As health officials scrambled to contain the infection, Texas Governor Rick Perry said at a hospital press conference on Wednesday that he had 'full confidence' in Texas medical teams when it came to the safety and welfare of citizens, adding that only those who came in close contact with the patient when he was contagious were at risk. 

According to The New York Times, Mr Duncan worked moving cargo for Fedex in the Liberian capital Monrovia but had recently quit his job and acquired a visa to come to the U.S. where his son reportedly lives.

The Times also revealed that Mr Duncan may have contracted Ebola while helping carry his landlord's seriously ill, pregnant daughter to hospital.

The woman, named by The Times as 19-year-old Marthalene Williams was taken to a hospital on September 15, but turned away because there was no room to treat her. She died the following day.

The landlord's son and three neighbors who came in contact with the woman also died soon afterwards.

The Liberian government said on Wednesday that Mr Duncan showed no signs of fever or symptoms of the virus when he left Liberia for the United States via Brussels on September 19.

The patient showed no symptoms of the disease during his journey - which also included a stop en route in Brussels, Belgium. 

Hundreds of passengers were exposed to Mr Duncan after it was revealed that the traveler took at least three flights to get from Liberia to Dallas - because there is no direct flight from Belgium to Texas.

The other flight that Mr Duncan boarded is currently unknown and no details are being released.

United Airlines has said it believes Mr Duncan flew from Brussels to Washington Dulles on Flight 951 before he traveled from Washington Dulles to Dallas Fort-Worth on Flight 822.

Belgium's health ministry said U.S. experts had advised Brussels that the man was not displaying Ebola symptoms and so would not have been in a position to pass on the virus. A spokesman said that Belgium therefore did not need to trace fellow passengers or crew of Brussel Airlines, one of a very few operators still flying to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. 

A team of CDC 'disease detectives' arrived in Dallas on Wednesday and were going door-to-door to find out who may have come in contact with the man while he was contagious with Ebola.

Residents living in the same apartment block that is 'ground zero' for the Ebola outbreak in Dallas spoke of their fears. 

Despite reassurances from health chiefs that the deadly virus has been contained many residents are fearful that they might have been infected.

Sources within the Dallas Fire Department said the man carrying the Ebola virus was picked up by an ambulance from the Ivy Apartment complex in North Dallas.

Mother-of-three, Elizabeth Rayo, watched the victim being taken out of his flat and pushed on a gurney into the back of an ambulance.

'I could not see his face, but just saw the ambulance outside and he was being loaded in,' she told Mail Online. 'I know he lives in the same block as me, but I do not know his name.'

Ms Rayo said the residents had no idea at the time that the victim had the highly-contagious disease. She did not see any health officials at the complex, which is mostly home to newly, arrived immigrants from Africa and India.

'No one said anything to us. I only found out that this was the place when the media turned up,' she said.

The 29-year-old, who has lived at the Ivy Apartments for two years, said: 'Of course I am very worried. I have three children. If the man had Ebola we should have been told. We should have been allowed to leave.'

There was no sign of any CDC activity at the complex which is comprised of apartments in two-story blocks set around a large car park. The managers of the apartment complex evicted media saying it was private property.

A manager, who identified herself as Sally, shouted at media to leave claiming she has no idea the Ebola victim lived within the complex.

Two police cars arrived to escort media from the premises while traffic cones were placed across the entrance.

Several residents spoken to by MailOnline were unaware that Ebola victim lived in the apartment complex which is home to more than 400 people.

Residents pay $800 a month for a two-bedroom apartment.

Other local residents were concerned that the complex had not been placed into quarantine. Mother Toni Gomez, who lives opposite the complex, said: 'Yes, I am scared. Who wants to live next to somewhere where there is such a horrible virus? I think the place should at least be sealed off and no one allowed to go in and out.'

Ms Gomez, who was clutching her one-year-old daughter Demaruia, added: 'I'm really concerned because I have to live here with my family.' 

At one point a young boy aged around four could be seen peering through the drawn blinds of the apartment that looked out onto the parking lot. 

President Obama is aware of the patient's Ebola diagnosis and the public health investigation, the White House said. 

Since the summer months, U.S. health officials have been preparing for the possibility that an individual traveler could unknowingly arrive with the infection. Health authorities have advised hospitals on how to prevent the virus from spreading within their facilities.

People boarding planes in the outbreak zone are checked for fever, but that does not guarantee that an infected person won't get through. Liberia is one of the three hardest-hit countries in the epidemic, along with Sierra Leone and Guinea.

The epidemic has killed close to 4,000 people in West Africa.

This news bureau contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc.  We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.



The real truth on 9/11 slowly continues to bleed out

Technical experts are mounting major challenges to official U.S. government accounts of how three World Trade Center skyscrapers collapsed in near-freefall after the 9/11 attacks 15 years ago.

Many researchers are focusing especially on the little-known collapse of



The Geopolitics Of The United States, Part 1: The Inevitable Empire

The Empire and the inevitable fall of the Obama criminal regime

STRATFOR Editor’s Note: This installment on the United States, presented in two parts, is the 16th in a series of STRATFOR monographs on the geopolitics of countries influential in world affairs.

Like nearly all of the peoples of North and South America, most Americans are not originally from the territory that became the United States.



Geopolitics Of The United States Part 2: American Identity And The Threats of Tomorrow

A look back at 2011 predictions for the future in order to put events of today into perspective

 photo capitalism_zpsah78uy5p.jpg
We have already discussed in the first part of this analysis how the American geography dooms whoever controls the territory to being a global power, but there are a number of other outcomes that shape what that power will be like. The first and most critical is the impact of that geography on the American mindset.



By Robert S. Finnegan

This e-mail outlines and confirms the acts of espionage against Indonesia and Indonesians by Akiko Makino and the others involved both in Kobe University and in AI Lab at University of Airlangga, Surabaya; Bahasa Indonesia original follows English translation...



UPDATED 01/07/2015 : New Analysis Challenges Tamiflu Efficacy; Hong Kong Corona Virus Outbreak


 photo TAMIFLU_small_zpssojx6okt.jpg

Obama criminals now resulting to biowarfare in quest to destroy Chinese and ASEAN economy; "novel virus substrain" points directly to a Kawaoka / Fouchier / Ernala-Ginting Kobe lab virus weaponized and genetically altered to specifically target and infect the Asian population: Ribavirin...



 photo WHO02_zpsplmhtlpr.jpg
The 5th Estate has just purchased a library on H5N1 "Novel" virus pandemics, there are dozens of PDF and Exel documents we feel will assist you in saving lives following intentional releases of the H5N1 and now MERS viruses; we will begin by printing those that appear to be extremely relevant here: H5N1 Kobe-Kawaoka-Ernala series continues soon with more "Smoking Gun" e-mails from Teridah Ernala to The 5th Estate . . .



By Robert S. Finnegan

On October 12, 2002 the Indonesian island of Bali experienced a terrorist attack that rocked the world. It was unquestionably well-coordinated and executed, the largest in the country's history.